Introduction to Geo-Tech Industries Inc.
Geo-Tech Shop Work:
- Custom fabrication of Pressure Vessels to
Section. VIII, Division 1
- Manufacture processing equipment made from
carbon steel and corrosion-resistant metals,
stainless steel, low alloy and nickel alloy
materials fabricated to customer specifications
- Ferrous and non-ferrous plate work, tanks,
vessels, power piping, custom shearing, rolling,
forming and cut-to-length plate
- Repair and
alteration to pressure vessels; Division 1 &
- Manufacturing of components for pressure
- All types of machining work
- Complete sandblasting, painting, coating,
Geo-Tech Field Work:
Specializing in Field Service both in Canada and
the USA (with U.S. certification).
- Erection of pressure vessels, tanks, power
piping and structural steel
- Repair alteration of pressure vessels, tanks
and power piping
- Heavy equipment rigging: Cranes, barges, and
- Corrosion-resistant weld build-up (overlay
welding), Manual and Submerged Arc on
vessels and tanks (see below on submerged Arc
- Pump and valve alignment using laser equipment
- Unlimited machining work on-site
- Unlimited field equipment
Geo-Tech has proven and perfected a new
continuous submerged Arc Overlay Process with
approved A.S.M.E. registered procedures.
In-situ application of weld overlay to the
internal surface can be used to:
- Build up corroded areas to the original
thickness or to increase the corrosion allowance
- Apply a corrosion-resistant material to the
Click here for
Introduction to Weld Overlay Procedures.
for Overlay Welding photo examples.
Weld Overlay is applied using a submerged arc
procedure, utilizing two weld heads simultaneously.
Components for this equipment are sized to pass
through a 20" manway, after-which they are
assembled in the vessel. A Digester, (13'-3"
dia. x 53'-11" high) was recently completed on
Vancouver Island, however, there are no diameter or
Third party inspection is engaged for continuous
monitoring during the welding process. Metallurgical
quality is verified by using a nuclear analyzer
(Texas Instruments). See
Geo-Tech specializes in design and manufacture of
custom machines for metal removal in-situ. Using
pneumatic or hydraulic power sources, we have
successfully accomplished some unique projects such
- Removing the "scallops" from a tub
handle inside a recovery boiler
- Machining a rail supporting a 700-ton
astrophysical observation dome on a telescope in
Hawaii. This was machined to an accuracy of
0.020: in 110' diameter
- We have 25 H.P. hydraulic sources to drive
equipment, cutting-heads or to rotate vessels
the experience and in-house skills to design and
develop a machine to take care of your needs.
here to contact Geo-Tech Industries Inc.